March 3, 2012

modo 601 rendering tests




Working with "materials master" Yazan Malkosh of 9b Studios I ran a few modo 601 rendering experiments yesterday for the LA user group meeting last night. Yazan recorded my presentation, so when it is ready I'll post a link to it here on the blog. We were testing out how the new "texture bombing" techniques in modo 601 would work on one of the latest suits. Pretty interesting so far. 601 seamlessly tiles the picture shown onto the chosen mesh. You can then tweak the mapping controls for endless variations of "controlled chaos." Still much, much more to explore with the new refinements to the replicators in 601 and the new particle clouds. Not sure I'll have much time to do it though as work on my other projects will be keeping me very busy over the coming months.

1 comment:

joon ahn said...

This is so genius !!! thanks for sharing Scott.